SlipTest Team become Dementia Friends
The SlipTest team recently took part in the Alzheimer’s Society’s Dementia Friends programme. It is the biggest ever initiative to change people’s perceptions of dementia. It aims to transform the way the nation thinks, acts and talks about the condition.
Whether you attend a face-to-face information session or watch the online video, Dementia Friends is about learning more about dementia and the small ways you can help. From telling friends about the Dementia Friends programme to visiting someone you know living with dementia, every action counts.
You can find out more here:
There are 5 key messages we learnt in our session:
1. Dementia is not a natural part of ageing
2. Dementia is caused by diseases of the brain
3. It's not just about losing your memory
4. People can still live well with dementia
5. There is more to the person than Dementia
We took a real interest in some of the points discussed around point 3, for example a black or dark coloured mat on the floor can look like a hole in the ground to somebody with Dementia - most of the matting we see in entrances when testing floors is black or dark coloured. Couple that with the figure that 1 in 14 over 65's could have dementia and its starts to build a picture of how many people could be feeling nervous or worried about walking across the matting in entrances, or even avoiding it altogether, in various public places. This was just one of many examples, we look forward to sharing more information both on our website and with our customers when we visit as we help raise awareness around Dementia.
What Can I Do Next…
- Call our friendly Sales Team with any queries or feedback on + 44 (0) 1234 712160
- Drop us an email anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org